Wednesday, February 2, 2011

back to school

Grade 1 and 4 First Day
They've gone.  It's quiet.  I drank my coffee steaming hot today. 

We sent three happy boys off to school this morning.  Hugo went first to the same playgroup he went to last year at our church.  That will happen every alternate Wednesday.  His Kindy program at Mount Pleasant starts tomorrow and is only on a Monday, Thursday and alternate Wednesday from 9-3.  After this quick photo shoot the big boys walked to school for the start of Year 1 and 4.  They both seemed settled and happy and very ready to start their year.

I am astounded at how much I achieved on my own this morning and feel strangely liberated.  I am ready for take off on the next project.  Tonight is the final inspection of our house before transfer and Tuesday we get the keys.  I have three weeks to pack up this house and make as much of the new house as livable as possible. The lifting starts in earnest now with all the boys doing swimming lessons, Russell going back to cubs and karate and Adam continuing with speech and cricket this term.  Hugo is starting a new activity called Kidz 'n Sport next Friday to start learning basic ball skills and sport.

The school year has finally started and I can't wait to hear their stories this afternoon...

1 comment: