Sunday, May 8, 2011

mothers' day

Rob's mum
Mine started on Friday with a pampering session by the Grade 1 class!  All the mums were invited to school where the Grade 1 block had been converted into a beauty salon.  We had our feet washed and massaged with lotion, our hair brushed and our nails painted - all by our gorgeous little ones.  What fun!  Adam painted both my hands and feet in a glittery clear polish which is still on - this was my choice as there was more margin for error than the bright colours on offer. 

After the pampering we shared tea and cake and spent some time going through his school books.

Today started with breakfast in bed by my men and then a lovely picnic at Kings Park with our friends, Debbie and Ivan and their boys.  The sun shone on our outing and enticed the greater part of Perth's population to join us.  The boys had such fun playing cricket and running around the play areas.  We relaxed under a tree and enjoyed some R&R.

We were very blessed this year to have at least one of our mothers with us to celebrate and I really miss my mum today.  Mothering is a tough job that can be thankless at times and overwhelming.  Sometimes the responsibility of turning good men into the world is daunting.  They test me and I have to hold firm.  They fall and I am supposed to catch them or at least kiss the wounds.  They struggle and I have to help.  They ask and I have to have an answer.  They call and expect a reply.  They hug and kiss me and it is all worthwhile. 

Rob and I are still learning how much our mums have done for us over the years as our family grows and the demands change.  We are so grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you (and Viv) had a wonderful Mother's Day - what a treat. Sending good men into the world is a very real task. I feel confident you will succeed. I am proud of my job. xxxx

    ReplyDelete