Tuesday, May 3, 2011

they're back

It's weird but the doppelgangers are back.  I haven't seen any of them for the longest time and now suddenly they are everywhere.  Having Viv and John here has sparked so many memories and discussions about people in Cape Town that my mind is in a spin.  Just last week I saw Shirley Bales, Inka Brooks and Julie Plaistowe on the river path while out running.  I have approached Loraine Codd and Julie Hodgson in the supermarket only to find it's not them.  I find myself being confused about acquaintances, like mums from school.  I can't work out if I know them from here or there.

It has been good therapy to have visitors from Cape Town.  It's an affirmation that things still stay the same after you leave and you can always return.  A friend commented on "something from the old country" which made us laugh but it is what it is.  We are making this our home.  Who knows where life will take us next, but for now, this is home.

There are deep seated emotions in one's subconscious related to a move of these proportions.  We are moving forward, but our minds need to play catch up some days. 

It would be so good to see you for real on the path.  I would stop and give you the longest hug.

1 comment:

  1. I would love it if I ran into you at the supermarket and you gave me a big hug. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete