Sunday, January 29, 2012

forever friendships

Cindy Donald

Forever friendships are hard to find and harder to keep.  The pace of life and physical distance can often pull against us.  I am very fortunate that some of my beautiful girlfriends have made such great effort to stay connected, to stay in my life.

Cindy Donald (Till) goes back 20 years in my life to a time before husbands and children, to a time of reckless partying, studying and career building.  Cindy has shared life's laughs and tears.  She has loved me through every stage of my life and has graced my home with yellow roses on every occasion when she couldn't be there in person.

What a joy it was to see Cindy, Ian and their beautiful children (all grown up now) for a few days in January.  They stopped off in Perth for a catch up on the way back to Brisbane from a holiday in South Africa.  We picked up where we left off and visited long forgotten places and memories in our conversations.  It was such a pleasure to see Stephen at 17, a young man with his dad's twinkle in his eye and his mom's great smile.  What a privilege to spend time with Kate, the fun loving 15 year old who I only knew as a little girl. 

Being with Cindy was like being home.  She means so much to me and our friendship has been enriched by life's experiences. 

I can't wait to see her again in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment