Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Salvos

I have taken to this second hand shopping culture!  In Australia there are so many second hand shops called Salvos, Good Sammys or Vinnis.  There is no stigma attached to browsing at the local second hand store for a bargain.  Jeans or jackets are always a good purchase there and wetsuits and swimming fins are also often a great find.  People will theme their birthday parties with the small print reading:  "outfit must be bought at the Salvos".  Our friends come out dressed in the most outrageous gear that they picked up at their local dealer!

One of my girlfriends recently saw me in a t-shirt from Woolies in SA and said, "I have that shirt!  I got it at the Salvos!" 

In the more upmarket suburbs you can often find designer dress shops that stock "previously loved" label dresses at really affordable prices.  Now these are the ones I love!

With all the black tie  and formal functions that we go to with Rob's work, I am fast running out of dress options.  Last week I found a gem of a shop in the very classy Applecross shopping village!  With the help of my very stylish friend Wendy, I quickly invested in two fabulous new dresses.   This is one of them.  And I absolutely LOVE it!

1 comment: