Thursday, March 22, 2012

bras sold and lost

This INTIMO business is just so much fun!  I am working pretty hard to build it up and am taking it quite seriously and it has proven to be really worthwhile.  The great part is that I only work the hours I choose to work which means that I never miss a school athletics carnival or swim meet and I am always available for school drops and pick ups and homework.  Our family has agreed that I will work two nights a week, most Saturdays for 3 hours and whatever mornings I can manage.  The result is that I book 4-5 parties a week plus personal fittings.  I do my admin in the morning when I have a gap.  My diary is booked two months in advance!  The real plus of selling good quality, comfortable bras is that you notice when you are not wearing one and they do eventually wear out.  Customers phone through top up orders all the time and drop me a line when they have a bit of extra cash to spend on themselves.  Husbands are great customers too!  Once they know that I am the one that knows their wife's sizes and "likes" they trust me with the gifts.  After all, it is the gift that keeps on giving!

I see it all.  There are bras being held together by shoe laces and safety pins.  There are beautiful bras that are NOT holding the boobs in and ugly ones that are way too big!  I have learned that you can make someone smile by putting them into lingerie that looks amazing, feels comfortable and holds "them" up.  I have learned that women need to feel good about themselves and too often put their own needs on the back burner.  Women need to be reminded that lingerie is about THEM, no one else and that feeling good starts with small steps.  I have learned that the right under garments can transform an outfit and a figure.  Before INTIMO I didn't realise how many women pad their bras!  I had no idea that some women don't wear underwear.  Sadly, I also didn't believe the "1 in 10 women with breast cancer" statistic.

The funniest (and also the most tragic) story from my business so far is that one of my hostesses failed to hand out the garments to her friends before her husband got sick of the box in the entrance hall and threw it in the recycling bin.  It left with the truck before he realised that he was throwing away $1300 in underwear!

The great news is that I have recruited two ladies on to my team and am training them up for their own INTIMO success.  I have qualified for Brisbane conference in July and am on track to enjoy a rewards trip to Phuket. 

Best of all, is how much I laugh.  Women are great soothers for the soul.  Girl company is so much fun.  Everyone has a story worth sharing and we are all coping with so much as we multi-task our lives. 

I feel very blessed to be having this much fun while building a business.

1 comment: