Sunday, July 22, 2012

unmasking potential

INTIMO July Conference 2012

The annual INTIMO conference on the Gold Coast, near Brisbane was absolutely sensational.  I loved networking with 260 inspiring women from all over Australia and New Zealand.  The professional development was outstanding with keynote speakers who stretched and grew our thinking.  Amongst those who blew me away was Michael McQueen who is a leader in bridging the gap between the generations.  He gave fantastic insight into recruiting and retaining Gen Y in our businesses.  An Intimo favourite is Mark McKeon who is a life and business coach.  He is big on work life balance and reaching your potential within your boundaries.  I just love his zest for life and positive attitude.  He gives practical ways to take your business to the next level, wherever you are in your journey.

Kaylin, Amanda and Wendy

The masquerade ball, flash mob and gala black tie awards night were all done with a slick professionalism and attention to detail that was just brilliant.  I loved being back in a corporate event immersing myself in my business, without distraction, for a few days.

The time away was made even more special by having two days with Cindy and Ian in Brisbane ahead of the conference.  I loved shopping with a 16 year old girl for a change and Cindy and I had a really good catch up.  After twenty years of friendship, it is just wonderful to reconnect every few months.

Rob and the boys coped very well without me.  Life went on quite smoothly.  We all missed each other but it is safe to say that I can now take these trips, confidently knowing they are all big enough to take charge of themselves.

Now back to reality.  School goes back this week.  I have ideas to implement, a team to motivate and so much to do.  INTIMO has been a fantastic adventure so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment