Tuesday, September 4, 2012

coming back slowly

It's been so long since I wrote that I almost felt a bit scared to be back here.  Where do I start?  The last few weeks have slipped through my fingers in a blur of constant activity.  Between our constant home decor projects, the boys' activities and our jobs, we seldom have time to fold the laundry, let alone come up for air.  When we do, it's a long deep gasp of air and we mooch in each other's company.

This week Rob has gone to New York and Boston on an investors' roadshow.  He has left in a blaze of angst and stress over the plummeting price of iron ore and is fighting the remains of flu.  There are continual fires to put out here and investors begging to see him there.  Our lives seem to be a whirlwind of cocktail parties and corporate functions as Atlas Iron's profile rises in Perth circles.  The stress of the role is taking its toll on Rob and we are going to have to take a few days leave soon in order to make it to the end of the year.

So here I sit, in silence, with only you for company.  It's been too long apart.

This past month I have witnessed two of my friends getting really ill.  One has leukemia and is fighting a brave battle with infection and chemotherapy and drugs.  The other has Crohen's disease and has just had a meter of her intestine removed that was badly damaged by the bugs.  Their illnesses have drained me of energy to write when I have had time and have stopped me in my tracks to pray quietly for their recovery.  I have also been reflecting on how blessed we are.

My business has become busier than ever since the unmasking on conference six weeks ago.  My team is growing and thriving.  I am enjoying this new role of mentor and coach while still doing between 15 and 20 parties a month of my own.  With Phuket Rewards trip now safely achieved, I am goaling for Venice in April!  It's a stretch but one I am trying to reach.

So we are still here, still working and playing.  Rugby season is over and there is a short break before cricket starts.  Spring is threatening to come.  I am still running with the group of 20 before sunrise 3 times a week and just did my third City to Surf 12km run. 

My fingers are warming up, as is my little office.  So blogging is back.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back! As I'm watching Autumn arrive here in Canada, I keep thinking back to how much I anticipated Spring while in Perth last year. Bless you, Amanda! Thanks for keeping a piece of my heart in Perth. xo Christina

    ReplyDelete