Wednesday, March 2, 2011

progress

We are slowly making progress.  Most of the boxes have been unpacked and sorted.  Fortunately, thanks to Rob's great skills, we have lots of cupboard space.  Rob whipped up IKEA cupboards for the boys' rooms in record time and didn't even utter one swear word which the installation manual assures you is quite acceptable given the severity of the task.  Once our walk-in-robes are built we will have plenty of good storage.

We have chosen most of our finishes and now have to wait for it all to roll out. I am in the process of deciding between blinds and our existing curtains for the boys' rooms but Russell's room looks quite good so far. Here is a sneak in...


from the door
 
from the bunks
 
looking back out

The South African flag hangs proudly at his door and there is plenty of good playing space for all the lego constructions that consume all their time.  But for now, I am going back to sorting out my clothes...

2 comments:

  1. I've spent the last hour reading all your posts that I have not yet had a chance to look at. And as I read this last one, so many thoughts came to mind: God is GOOD! wow! you've done it! you and Rob are an amazing team! as a family you turn any four walls into a castle! s-t-a-m-i-n-a! perfect Wilson project! energy and enthusiasm! and finally: proud to be your friends!! Lots of love xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are in and still feeling up beat - I know how hard moving is. Russell's room looks great and I am sure once the building is finished the others will too. Good on you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete