Sunday, September 4, 2011

all tucked in

If I happen to wake up in the night, which admittedly isn't often, I do the toilet stop and then go to tuck in my boys.  It seems that they are suddenly all bigger.  They are able to keep their duvets on their sleeping bodies now and don't really need me to tuck them in.  Our sleep is uninterrupted every night as their boy bodies recharge.  In a lot of ways our lives seem easier all of a sudden as we move out of the small boy-toddler stage with Hugo.  He is now able to:
  • put on his own seatbelt
  • dress himself
  • write his name
  • do all the toilet and bathroom stuff ALONE
  • wait his turn
  • play a board game patiently
  • eat with a knife and fork
  • And generally be one of the boys
Adam is making great progress in reading and writing.  He is going on cub camps, sorting out breakfast for Hugo and himself, making his bed, doing his share of the chores and growing very fast.

Russell is really maturing quickly now.  I get these fleeting glimpses of the teenager peeking out sometimes.  He understands my jokes, asks challenging questions and reads paperback novels.  He is now able to make tea or hot chocolate for the team and will help himself to a sandwich.  Russell bakes independently, makes bacon and eggs and turns the meat on the braai. 

So now when Rob goes for his Sunday morning early swim, I still get my cup of coffee in bed.  It is served by my handsome nine year old.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment