Thursday, September 1, 2011

A fine day

It was, until I got one.  A fine.  A big fat one too.  The traffic police here are very strict about speed and unless I have Griet lying under my accelerator, what is the chance that I will drive at 50km/h? 

There is a stretch of road from Mt Pleasant to the highway that is a dual carriage way with a steep downhill and it is a 50km/h zone.  Is that possible?  Not unless the driver is almost asleep or running swiftly out of petrol.  I know exactly where Mr Plod hides his equipment and I find myself throwing the anchor out just in time, every time, to do the karate run to South Perth.  Sadly, on this one occasion I must have been too busy singing along to the 80s hits on 94.5fm to notice my speed and that damn camera caught me!  And I wasn't even smiling.

The penalty is $300 (ouch!) and 3 demerit points off my licence (ouch!).  I am gutted.  My first commission cheque has to go to the cops.  I was only going 72km/h after all.  That is a very respectable speed for a SAffer.  I am just hoping that there aren't more of those little charmers winging their way to me.

At least I get to have a good vent here.  I am feeling rather poor and pathetic and Rob thinks he should call me Lead Foot.  I am not amused!


2 comments: