Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogging in my head

October just got swept up and blown away.  Life is so busy now that I am juggling work, chores and play that all my blogging is in my head!  I have lists of bloggable events but not a moment to massage the keyboard.

Launching my new INTIMO lingerie business has eaten into my time but what fun it has been.  I have done around 20 presentations already and have 16 booked for November.  The product is beautiful, comfortable and supportive - what more could we want?  Bras are recession proof and everyone needs to restock from time to time.  Most importantly I am meeting amazing women who have great stories to tell.  They open up in the bedroom and share their lives with me and that is an awesome privilege.  On my run the following day I pray for each woman that I fitted the day before and her situation.  I pray for the wisdom to know when to listen and what to say when I speak.  Yesterday I achieved my sales targets for September and October and received the new summer range of lingerie absolutely free as samples to show my clients.  Now these are free samples that any girl would want.  Rob noted this week that we now have one more thing in common:  we both think about boobs all day!  You gotta love men!

So when I am not fitting a bra on a beautiful body, I am emailing my client base, confirming bookings, handling exchanges or marketing my business.  Away from INTIMO I am usually ironing, cooking or cleaning.  I am still running and attending a morning bootcamp.  The boys' lives are busy and "mom's taxi" is working hard too.  I am still a regular at the wonderful bible study at our church on Thursday mornings.  There is always work to do on the house and at the moment I am going from window to window removing masking tape that was left there after painting and has now baked into the glass.  Urggh! 

Summer is here in full force and we are stealing swims around the neighbourhood.  The heater will soon be off the jacuzzi as it becomes our little plunge pool. 

In between all of this Rob has been throwing himself at his job and loving the challenges and fast pace of the company.  He pushed a bit too hard and crashed with a sinus infection and flu last week but has bounced right back again. 

I can't let the detail of October go undocumented, so a series of blogs will come in rapid succession as I try to catch up in pictures and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment