Monday, November 28, 2011

Perthlings

This blog started out as a gift to all the Earthlings I know.  It is a way to share our lives with those far away and stay connected.  It just feels better than a facebook status update and allows me to express how I feel and journal where we are at.  I want everyone who we have left behind to stay part of our daily lives in some small way.  I want the grandparents to know when the boys' teeth fall out and when they get medals.  I secretly hope that when we do make the big trip back to SA, the blog has bridged the geographical divide between us and allows us to just pick up where we left off.  It is so encouraging when I get a message from a friend who is appreciating my words.  It is great to get a comment from a distant shore about our activities.  I feel as if we can still be part of your life, even though it is fair to say you have moved on and the hole we left has closed.

So you can imagine how confronting and humorous it is when I see a Perthling and they comment on my blog!  I start to reread recent entries in my mind hoping that I haven't in any way offended the locals or sounded like a migrant!  More often now I see friends who may say, " I see you went to Mandurah on Rob's birthday" or "Hugo looked great with his Tiger face paint".  It takes me by surprise and I have to laugh.  They are visiting this site.  Big Brother is watching me. 

The truth is, you can keep up with my life even when you are a daily part of it!

The blog is published for Earthlings not Perthlings.  But how fabulous that Perthlings peak too!

2 comments:

  1. I am still reading and really appreciate all the news. In fact you don't blog fast enough for me. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I totally understand what you mean now that a few Perthlings are reading my blog! I'm so happy that I can continue to experience Perth life through your blog after we leave this amazing place and head back to the frozen north... xo

    ReplyDelete