Monday, November 7, 2011

This life

Before this life I have chosen, I had no idea:
  • that skirting boards get covered in dust so quickly
  • that the kitchen cupboard fronts need constant wiping
  • that hanging out washing can take out years of your life
  • that boys can wee so skew the dustbin next to the loo gets covered in urine
  • that the floors need constant mopping
  • that finger marks stick on everything
  • that food leaves the boxes in the pantry at night and wonders around the shelves
  • how much stuff you can retrieve from inside your own couch
  • the microwave gets mucky so quickly
  • what an effort it is to defrost a freezer
  • that fridge shelves get sticky
  • what a workout it is to clean properly
Before I chose this life I had no idea how hard it is to keep your own house clean.  I have done it today.  It is all sparkly and clean.  Thirty more minutes before the troops arrive to unravel all my good work.

Phew, I am exhausted.

1 comment: