Saturday, June 23, 2012

spotless

Spotless.  Well, not quite but much better than it was.  Bring on Gill, my new cleaning lady.  And there is purposefully no photo of her because that is the whole point.  I go out on a Friday morning and make other women feel amazing in beautiful and well fitted underwear while Gill cleans our house.  I come home and the house is all perfect, for a while!

It really has helped a lot to have someone do the main hard labour once a week.  It's not quite the life I left behind but it is a step in the right direction.  The boys are shocked that they now have to tidy for the cleaning lady.  Everything must be packed away and in its place before school so that she has a clear working surface.  She only has four hours to get around the kitchen, bathrooms, dust and vacuum, sweep and mop.  It's a workout and not for the feint-hearted.

Now that I am working so much, I just was finding it increasingly difficult to get to the cleaning.  I still have to change bed linen, do the washing, fold endless piles of laundry and spot clean as we go.  I usually iron on a Sunday night and do a quick blitz in the middle of the week.  The boys have their jobs and Rob has always been "Mr Min", cleaning as he goes, so our home usually looks alright.

It's tough keeping the living space of five busy people looking spotless but we keep on trying.


1 comment: