Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Same again Sam

Rob and I ran the City to Surf 12km "fun" run again this year.  It was a spectacular spring day and if it hadn't been for some pretty harsh hills, it would have been a perfect day out.  I had forgotten that the only inclines in this city are concentrated on that 12km stretch so the shock to my thighs was quite something.  The irony is that I finished in exactly the same time as last year:  1 hour 7 minutes.  Rob ran ahead this time and finished about 6 minutes faster than me.  I could hardly blame him for leaving me stumbling up the slopes when I had thousands of other runners to keep me on track!  The three distances (12km, 21km and 42km) attract over 40,000 competitors and it really is a great day out.

We were very fortunate that cub scout camp was on the same weekend for Russell and Adam and it was only Hugo who had to be farmed out to Liezl and Jaco for the night.  We enjoyed our 24 hours of total solitude, interrupted only by the tiler grinding the floor out of our bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment