Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Boarding time

Today Rob got up at 4.30 to Fly to Kalgoorlie for the first time. He is attending the "Diggers Convention" which is where all the miners congregate to discuss what is happening in the industry. Take a look at www.Kalgoorlie.com for an insight to this famous inland town which is the heart of WA mining. I think Rob was quite excited to be going and he is learning the industry really fast. His job is dynamic and interesting. He is mixing with influential people and is stimulated. It is really great seeing him motivated and up for the challenge. The MacBank experience and the year of consulting here have put him in a winning position to really use his skills. It is so good to see him feeling valued and appreciated.

For me, it has been great having him home so much. This job will require a small amount of travel and I think Rob has missed that a bit. While I would never wish our Cape Town lifestyle with him away so much, back again, I think the odd "sleep out" will be great. I want to have a chance to miss him again. And then, of course, have the pleasure of serving up bacon and eggs for dinner while he is away!

1 comment:

  1. Is Rob going to head to Kal again? Shame he didn't pick a week that Christian was up there!!!!!
    I'm sure he'll find it interesting!

    ReplyDelete