Tuesday, August 2, 2011

go slow

I have been on a bit of a blogging go slow for the past few weeks. While there has been a lot going on around here, I just haven't felt inspired to write. I am also not sure if anyone is actually out there!

We are now into the seventh month of renovating and the novelty of tradesmen around every corner and dirt just about everywhere has kind of worn off. We are down to one toilet and up to eight people using it most of the time and I have the great job of cleaning it! Need I say more? Amidst the chaos of the build yesterday said toilet became blocked by one of the workers on our half built garage roof and yours truly had to try and sort it out with a plunger. There was more air coming out of my mouth from gagging than going up the offending u-bend so I called for reinforcements and a plumber showed up promptly with a gadget for just such an infliction.

I am finally rid of the less than cheerful plasterer who resurfaced the whole front of the house and plastered the new garage. The job took much longer than expected due to the heavy rainfall in July. Yesterday the electrician fitted the new laundry and our en suite. Today the tiler is due to do the laundry floor. Tomorrow the old en suite gets stripped with a jack hammer (oh fun and dust!) and on Monday the plumber will fit all the appliances and vanities. Rob will hopefully assemble the laundry cupboards from IKEA on the weekend so that I can paint the laundry. During next week we should get the new en suite tiled too. From there we will strip and refit the family bathroom to accommodate a very missed bath.

Meanwhile there are two guys putting a roof on the new garage, banging as I write. Next week the roof gets tiled and the cement floor will be laid.

On my list today is to chase up the blinds for the study, choose a bath, collect a bench top for the laundry and organize quotes for a garage door.

Yes, I am a bit over it. But maybe it will be over soon, too.

2 comments:

  1. We are here - and we have noticed your "go slow". I go on to the website everyday to see if there is a new blog and I am soooo disappointed when I don't see a new one ........ I am sure the renovations are getting you down but hang in there, it will soon be over. Love to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here! Living with the renovations cannot be easy. Start a new blog - "how to live with renovations"

    ReplyDelete