Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It's back to work I go!  And this time I am selling a beautiful girlie product that makes us all very happy:  lingerie!


INTIMO is one of the largest direct selling businesses in Australia and direct selling in the form of "party plan" is very big here.  The idea is that someone hosts a presentation of a product in their home.  The product is then sold to the group of friends and hopefully one of them decides to host their own presentation for another group.  If the product is right and the hostess rewards are enticing, the business rolls forward.  I have been invited to Enjo cleaning parties, candle and decor parties, natural health parties and more.

In this way I stumbled across the most gorgeous range of bras, panties, camisoles, nighties and casual daywear at a friend's presentation.  From there I decided to host my own demonsration which was so successful that I had a good look at the business model and decided to give it a go.  This business ticks many boxes for me:  I have many years of sales experience which could be put to good use, I can choose the hours I want to work, I can run it independently as my own business, it is sales target and incentive driven, the rewards are excellent, the customer profile is high end middle aged women, I get to have a drink or tea with the girls while doing what I do best, the product and free samples are divine, and the list goes on.

An INTIMO consultant shows the range to the group of women and then offers a private measure and bra fitting in the bedroom to ascertain each client's needs.  It is a wonderful way to purchase good underwear and ensure a great fit and look in an unintimidating environment. 

So I have spent a great deal of the past month revisiting sales training DVD's, doing product training, learning to work the online sales portal to administer my business and coming to terms with how to measure bust size!

I have just received my sample kit and am having such fun playing with all the bits and trying them on.  My friends have all been amazingly supportive and many have offered to host a demo to get me up and running.  I start in September and have eight parties booked already.

The idea is that I will build a team of consultants under me who I can motivate and manage as well as do my own selling.  There are some great incentive trips to work towards as an added bonus. 

I can't wait to get back to the coal face and see if I can still close the deal!  Take a look at http://www.intimo.com.au/ to learn all about my next career.

2 comments:

  1. Like the long wrap. All the best on your venture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to host a party - love the undies but I think I am a little too far away for that

    ReplyDelete