Friday, August 6, 2010

the smell of bleach

Goodness, this housework could kill me.  It is one thing to play Australia-Australia when Mavis takes a day or two off and quite another to live it!  Added to that is the total confusion regarding detergents and cleaning products.  I wandered aimlessly down that isle in Coles not knowing what to buy without Mavis' list in my hand.  My eyes locked on a bottle labeled Handy Andy and I tossed into the trolley.  Well, my hands now smell of bleach!  Handy Andy is a clear gel that is full of bleach and seems quite toxic.  I am also now the proud owner of green housework latex gloves.  I just need to remember to put them on. 

One of our first purchases was a dustbuster that is attached to a cordless vaccuum cleaner.  It is such a win and the boys love using it.  We wizz around our floors before school and pick up all the breakfast crumbs.

I have rediscovered ENJO products which are HUGE here.  Lael took me to a demonstration in Cape Town and I was suitably impressed but not nearly as impressed as I am now that I am doing the cleaning.  You have to lay out a princely sum to get started but once you get going, it is practically chemical-free cleaning all the way.  I am excited!  I have also discovered that there is a discounted way of getting on board:  host a party.  So, once the furniture arrives, I am going to host an ENJO gathering for Adam's class (as a way to meet the mums) and capitalise on their purchases.  Yey!

You are probably asking who is writing this and what have you done with Amanda so I will sign off before your picture of me is totally shattered.

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh, Amanda! :D I was exactly the same when we first got here - I talked a lot about housework and cleaning and how hectic it all was! I've now got a cleaner who comes in once a week for a few hours and I feel much more on top of things. Hahahaha! Great blog, doll! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join you at the Enjo party, please!

    ReplyDelete