Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WA - wait awhile, not western australia

My patience is being tested on various levels.  I am connected to you via a VERY slow, old laptop and a tenuous cellphone link which makes blogging, facebooking, emailing nearly impossible and terribly trying.  It seems Africa time has been exported across the waves to Perth as my iinet fancy shmancy broadband, phoneline, thingy-me-bob will only be installed by the middle of next week. 

I am also waiting, not so patiently, for our ship to come in.  And then also for our ship with our furniture to arrive!  No seriously, the real ship has docked.  The container is officially here but some guy was killed in a freak accident when some heavy equipment fell on him in Melbourne dock last week.   The result is that all the workers around the country are on a go-slow at the harbours.  Who knows when I will see my fur slippers and tumble dryer again.  This has been a lesson in living with the bear minimum and it is very doable.  I just can't help missing my office equipment, shoes, handbags, couch and tv.  We are squatting together in two rooms upstairs on mattresses while the three bedrooms and three living areas downstairs remain empty and cold.  The house is mostly wooden floors so it is a bit like living on top of three squash courts.  It echoes a lot and the boys are permanently bouncing tennis balls against the walls.

And so I will just be patient and WA.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to follow your progress and goings on - your writing is also beautiful.LOL

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete