Thursday, August 5, 2010

testing the system

The weirdest thing happened to me the other day.  We went to fetch a mattress from a friend after church on Sunday morning to avoid sleeping on a blow up camping mattress that was freezing our hips from below!  While Rob and Kristian were loading the mattress on to the roof of the car, our boys were test driving a  go kart on the road.  Russell managed to get his shirt caught in the mechanism and was slowly being pulled deeper and deeper into the kart.  I dashed to his rescue and performed a reverse pull to unwind him and then joined them playing in the street.  What I didn't notice was that my cell phone had fallen out the car with me and was lying on the pavement.  We headed off and spent the day at the beach.  That night I couldn't find my phone and started retracing my steps only to realise what had happened.  I got in my car (8 hours after the incident) and drove back to Kristian's house and there was my phone, on the pavement where it had fallen!  What a luck!

This morning I ran after the school drop and left the front door unlocked so that I didn't have to take keys with me.  Every time I look up and see someone standing at the window next to the front door, I  jump.  It is very wierd, after years of conditioning, not to have a doorbell or a wall around the house.  Russell's friends just appear in our house, as if from nowhere.

So there is an up side.

No comments:

Post a Comment